Thursday, July 16, 2015

REMNANT


REMNANT is a rather obscure band from Tokyo. They're relatively unknown, even within the online Jrock community. Even still, this band formed in 2009 and have been dotting the world, playing small clubs all over Europe and Japan. (I don't think they've been to the US yet)

REMNANT's style doesn't really fit neatly into any one category. They're usually described or tagged as an industrial band, but they're so much more. They incorporate a lot of ethereal, mellow sound as well. Marie (vocals) helps that along extremely well with her soft, soothing voice.

They've had two "official" releases in Fragments of the dark (2011) and MisanthroPia (2013). Both are incredible, but they also distribute lots of Live Only singles. A lot of people see that as unfair or over-merchandising, but it is essential to their survival to do it. Where the band is so unknown, they put a lot of this stuff on their Soundcloud, which I will link you to at the end of this post.

REMNANT is:


Takmi

(Guitar, programming)


Marie

(Lyrics, Vocals)


Rober_tj

(Synthesizer)

REMNANT also often has guest/support members for certain songs and tours.






Links:






When you check out their Soundcloud, you MUST listen to the new song "L'interdit"!!! It's a complete remake of "Peut Revenir" from MisanthroPia (the original is great, too!) and it is just... :3

All of their songs are great, but my favorites are:

Secret Amour

La mer morte (Check out the remix KALM did! Holy crap!!!)

Witches Sabbath

Dead Silence Type S

Peut Revenir

Insensate (Instrumental)

Ghost

(Okay, all of them...)



*EDIT*

My helper/trainer lady can't make it today, so have a fuckload more gorgeous pics!

















Reibun~























3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this band! It's a shame more people don't know about them. :( I know I wouldn't if it weren't for you. ♥ I played some of the new stuff on the SoundCloud page and it's beautiful! :) L'interdit is just crazy pretty! ♥ And these pictures are amazing too! I really like the first one after the *EDIT* of Marie. I know you have a huge crush on her and I can certainly see why. No, we can't bring her home from Japan! :p lol. Thank you for this post, Reibun! Hopefully some people will see and check them out. :) Love you! XOXO ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learned about so much music from you, darling Reibun. I owe you a lot! <3 Thank you for continuing to share your amazing finds with us. Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ladies are most welcome! I really do enjoy sharing and informing people about obscure music. Maybe if I send the link to this post to Takmi or Marie on Twitter they'll send me a free CD! REMNANT Street Team: Membership: 5. XD Oh, and after examining Lacebun's pics, I looked through the ones of Marie. I think she photoshopped herself in two different outfits, but the one in the blue is showing some nip... Boob bombardment today... :3 And what do you mean we can't bring her home?! *Sigh* *Puts rope and duct tape away* XD Love you both! :33333 *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete