Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Something I feel strongly about...


I found this on a tumblr I frequently read. I left out usernames and shit because it's the message conveyed here that needs to be put across. I don't care how you feel about children, whether you have, want, don't want, don't like, it doesn't fucking matter... READ!



i just saw a video of someone harassing kids near a minions display and it was really fucking horrible so:

don’t fucking harass kids for liking minions

they are children

it’s something that makes them happy

it’s okay to hate on minions

just don’t fucking scream at or harass kids for liking minions stuff

same goes for anything really (frozen, angry birds, MLP, etc)

don’t be a douche to kids in public for internet points it’s not funny

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were a kid once and I'm sure this was done to you at some point over SOMETHING you loved. How did that feel? I don't care if YOU think it's stupid. I've sat through shit I've thought was absolutely retarded because my son was in heaven over it. He and every other child has a right to grow up and be a kid. I swear, if I ever saw someone doing this to a child, their brain function would become significantly less than that of the minor they were mocking.

Nobody has the right to steal someone's childhood or scar them in any way. A lot of people have childhood scars to varying degress. They hurt, don't they? Then what fucking right is it of yours to inflict similar pain on someone else?

Reibun~


3 comments:

  1. Agreed. I liked all sorts of stupid shit as a child, including a horrible cartoon adaption of The Return of the King that was sooooo far off from the actual story that I think it nearly gave my dad a seizure every time he walked by and I was watching it. Regardless, he let me watch it and enjoyed my glee. Just a few years ago I went back and looked it up, then was like WAIT A MINUTE... haha Thanks, Dad, for letting me be a kid and enjoy that. No one should ever shit on kids and what they like. It's inexcusable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree too. Anyone that would do that to a kid is just a terrible human being. I don't wanna sound like a broken record about my childhood, but this speaks volumes to me. With the age difference between Brianne and I, this WAS my childhood.

    Everything I loved growing up was torn apart, mocked and then I was berated for liking it. When she went off to college and later moved here, it was such a relief. But by then and even still, now, I started keeping my interests and things I like(d) to myself.

    My parents thought I was doing drugs and stuff because I'd go out to buy something and they'd never see it. Or if they asked about something I got, I'd be very vague about what it was. I still do it living with Rei.

    I feel bad for little kids these days. It's worse than it was for me in some ways because now you've got assholes like this video taping everything and putting it online. Sometimes without even knowing it. I can relate to that, too.

    And Minion's are adorable! Fuck people like this!

    Love you, Reibun! Thank you for sharing and speaking up about it! XOXO ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely memory, darling! :3 When I was growing up, I didn't like a lot of "girl" things. I had dolls and stuff, of course, but every time I went to a toy store or something, I'd see the huge variety of things for boys and then just a bunch of the same dolls with different clothes for girls. The boys stuff usually had a female character or two and I'd always get those. My parents were cool with it, but I'd get made fun of by girls in school or whatever because "You just wanna be a boy!" Michael had a lot of smart ass comments, too, but that's to be expected, I guess.

    Lacey, sweetie, you talk about your childhood as much as you want. You need to get this stuff out, it will help in the long run. You also never know when a passerby on your blog or here will read something you wrote and realize they're not alone. I'll say it a million times, I don't care. That you have endured the torment you have and are still here is inspiring. Even moreso that you are such a kind, caring, generous person. You're a very special, beautiful person and it is an honor to sleep next to you. :3 And I understand why you keep things to yourself. It's not quite as extreme as what Brianne did to you, but my dad always had comments to make about my Japanese stuff... I don't tell people in the real world about it like I do online. Fucking ignoramuses always come back with "You still into that Chinese stuff?" and shit like that. You don't have to fear ignorance and ridicule from me, baby doll. But you just do what you need to until you're ready. I've got all the time in the world for you. :3 *Kisses*

    Reibun~

    ReplyDelete