Sunday, March 8, 2015

She blows my mind...

Yeah, there's THAT, but I'm going to hop off the sex train for a few and share some deep thoughts with you.

Lacey is over 8 1/2 years younger than myself. She's 23 and I'm 31. It's not something that causes issues in our relationship, we joke about it more than anything... I don't consider myself old or out of touch by any means. But we're from two different worlds when you think about it.

I was born far enough back to know (to a degree) the world before all of this. No social media, my dad had a cell phone, but it was lightyears behind what exists today, none of these things that we take for granted were a large part of my childhood. It's different for her.

She was born in 1992, think about that. By age five, kindergarten for most, the internet was starting to change the world. She is part of the internet generation. I don't consider it a bad thing, and no, she's not crippled without her devices. She can do a lot of her job with pen and paper. She even knows that secretary shorthand chicken scratch... eh heh.

It's just amazing to me to think that she never really used a VCR, audio cassettes, and had the entire encyclopedia on a fucking CD-ROM! XD She's a huge gamer and obviously, through emulators and downloads from the console stores (!!!!) she's played a lot of the oldies, but remember the mounds of cartridges? Blowing on NES cartridges? XD Her first console that was truly her own was the Wii... o.o;

Just to get sidetracked for a moment... People like to tease her about her age and the old games. One that sticks out was some troll that told her she wasn't around when the classics like Mario, Castlevania, etc. first came out, so how could she possibly understand their historic value and nostalgia? I've seen this before, myself. It's usually people in/around my age group. You know what I say? You were eating glitter and paste while leaving skidmarks on your underroos back then. You couldn't fucking read, let alone fully understand the plots of games like the first Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, shithead... Ahem!

So yeah, it's a unique thing we have going here. Again, this is in no way a knock on her or anyone younger than me. I would have loved to have had the world at my fingertips growing up. Just part of what makes her so special to me. *Kisses her sleeping beauty* :3

Does anyone else find it weird as to how prophetic the fiction of the 70s, 80s, and early 90s has become? We're not overrun by evil robots, no supercomputer triggered a nuclear holocaust, but technology has taken over the world. TV has rotted our brains and turned us into zombies. No? Look how many people flock to every premium series that comes out. The fact that there are billions of hours stored on DVRs and hard drives and that you can watch it on a cell phone while you're on the toilet? Still waiting on those blasted flying cars, though...

 Need to pee now... *SQUEEZE!!!!!*

Rei~



No comments:

Post a Comment