Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sometimes...

I feel useless. So many people tell me that they wish they could stay home all day and get paid for it. First of all, the pay fucking sucks. I'm not gonna say what I get a month, but it's not enough to live on by itself. Lacey makes more in about 2 1/2 weeks. It seems like more than it is, too, because you get it all at once. Before Lacey, I was budgeting next to nothing by the middle of the month...

I envy working people. Sitting home all day gets old pretty fucking quick, I'll tell you. If you think your job is boring and monotonous, try staring at the same walls, doing the same routine and the loneliness of being by yourself every day. I've been doing it since I was 18 (and "getting paid for it" that is.). I'm not just lazy and don't wanna work.

So many people have told me to just suck it up and get a job. They don't understand crippling anxiety or depression. I had a fast food job for a week when I was 16. I've rarely felt so emotionally overwhelmed by anything. Everything they trained me to do came hard. I was terrified of screwing up at every turn. It was busy when I was being trained to cook and the manager was a bit impatient, I broke down and cried. It was all horrible. What if I screw up the register? What if I make someones food wrong and/or they get sick? Please, don't get too busy. Then there is the fact that I'm just a socially awkward person anyway and my physical problems...

I'm not a leech, a fraud, or anything that is associated with people who receive government funds. I would give up my monthly check for a weekly one that includes a sense of accomplishment and usefulness in a heartbeat.

Rei~

4 comments:

  1. Sweetheart, you aren't any of those bad things. You're a fantastic person who was born with some awful issues. It's shit. You're smarter and better than a lot of people I've worked with, not to mention vastly more talented... I'd imagine you could make money selling prints of your art, if you were so inclined. At any rate, I know what you mean, and I love you no matter what. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much! Thank you for always being in my corner and making me feel special, darling! After the wedding, I'm gonna start giving serious thought to trying to work with Lacey. *Hugs* :3

    Rei~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I support you in anything and everything you want to do, honey. I know you don't have it easy with a lot of things and that they're not gonna just go away because you want them to. There are too many people that think there's some on/off switch that people can flip at will. I will do anything I can to make sure you're comfortable if you decide to come to work with me. I know your mom would, too, and Janice both covets your talents "Another Cathy!? How do I get her here!?" (Honest to dog!) and loves you from the few times you've met. I love you and whether that is what you decide or not, I will keep loving you no matter what. You are an amazing, special person, babe. I want nothing more than your happiness. :) Gonna make you feel real special after I publish this... <3 XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I told and showed you how much this meant to me last night, but seriously, Lace, you have the sweetest, purest, most thoughtful and understanding heart... I love everything you are. :3 *Kisses your pretty picture*

    Rei~

    ReplyDelete