Friday, May 22, 2015

Blutengel - I'm Dying Alone





Lyrics:



Can't you see me falling an endless fall?



Can't you hear me calling a never-ending call?



Can't you see me bleeding?



I'm losing control.



Can't you see me dying?



I'm dying alone.



------------------------------------



This is from Blutengel's 2001 album, Seelenschmerz (Soul Sickness). Your average music snob would tell you that 1999's Child of Glass was their first album, and it was, but I honestly thought it sucked and don't acknowledge it. This album and the songs on it made them a hit on the Euro goth scene almost instantly.



I adore this song. Yes, it's the same 6 lines throughout, but it's done so well! The way it builds, the music, just... :3 I am glad that they got rid of the vocal filters they used on pretty much this whole album and let their actual voices shine through. There is some GORGEOUS goth art/photography in the vid, so danke to whoever made it!



Rei~

3 comments:

  1. Art can sometimes be most evocative when applied to the simplest of media. The repetition of words, so long as they're good words, has been used for centuries to achieve transcendental meditation, give peace to those afflicted with dementia, and a hundred other purposes. I'm not surprised Blutengel would construct something like this. They're really excellent artists. Thank you for sharing this, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what Adra said! I loved this, sweetie! And I agree with your other post, too. We usually keep one of the stations that plays a variety on here, but usually it's a lot of pop junk and it really is just hammering the same thing into your skull over and over. This is gorgeous, though! It might be selfish or whatever, but I'm glad bands like this aren't really known over here. I'd hate to see an Americanized Blutengel. I can see Twitter/FB now... "U release ur music here speak fuckin english!" *Sigh*

    Thank you for this, honey! It made my crazy day a bit more tolerable. :) Love you! XOXO *Kisses* ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed it, darling! For me, personally, I play this song when I'm feeling a lot of emotional pain. Most people (see: regular jackoffs) will say "But it's depressing! Play something happy and upbeat." That goes to Lacey's comment about not wanting bands like this here, too. They don't get it. It's not always about altering someone's mood. Identifying with something, knowing that there are others feeling this shit helps more than some piece of mass-produced shit telling me to feel better. Besides, some fan would kill themselves or shoot up a school and the media blame game would drive them away anyway. Love you two so much! :3333 *Hugs*

    Rei~

    ReplyDelete