Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Thank fucking lord...

So those of you not from MA may not have heard, but there was a massive water main break along a pipe running from Silver Lake to Brockton (where we were living) and the actual break occurred in my hometown of East Bridgewater. I'm not sure if my childhood home has been affected, but it's a good thing Walrus's can swim. Or so I would hope. We're fine here, none of the boil water ordinances, loss of water or the state of emergency are of concern. (We're in Halifax)

If we'd remained in Brockton, there's a chance we'd be living with our poop for a little bit and I've read that some of the water there is coming out of faucets looking black... Ugh. This is what happens when states put no money into infrastructure. That pipe was about a hundred years old. I don't know what it's gonna take for these people here or across the country to wake up and fix this ancient shit. That they just cross their fingers and hope things don't break is terrifying. Go look up your local bridges, roads, water systems, etc and when they were built. It's a nightmare.

Rei~


No comments:

Post a Comment