Sunday, May 24, 2015

Unmoved

Maybe I'm turning into one of those old people who just listens to the music they liked when they were younger. Maybe I just can't be satisfied by anything. Maybe I'm tired of investing time and money in bands/artists that just stop making music or that break up and form 30 more bands that break up. (Here's looking at you, Japan...) Maybe all three.

Whatever it is, I've found myself either caring about or enjoying current music a lot less than I used to. And this isn't even just limited to the newest flavor of the month in whatever scene, it's artists that I've cared about and followed passionately for years. Blutengel has released a few things since I fell off the map last year and I think I've listened to 2 or 3 songs one or two times and not gone back. This is true for a lot of my favorite acts.

I can't put a finger on it as to why this is, I just have no desire to go listen to any of it. What I have listened to makes me feel absolutely nothing. Schwarz Stein came back, they're making music full-time again after 10 years, touring the world. I listened to a couple tracks on YouTube... "Eh."

I have no problem going back and listening to old stuff, though. The only thing I can think of is that some part of me is clinging onto my old life. Somewhere in my brain something is telling me not to move on.

I've never been one to change with the times right away. I am a very nostalgic person and tend to gravitate towards things from the past, but this is very out of the ordinary for me.

Rei~

No comments:

Post a Comment