Monday, May 25, 2015

Lacey has surgery/I HAD A DREAM

Two part post.

Lacey had an emergency appendectomy last night. She'd started having an insane amount of abdominal pain on Saturday night that kept her up most of the night. She didn't have much sleep as the waves of intense pain just woke her up every time she made it that far. It continued through yesterday and yesterday evening until I convinced her we needed to go get it checked out at the ER.

So glad we went. That was too much pain to just suddenly come on like that, her appendix was ruptured and they got her an operating room ASAP. I've never seen her so scared as she was waiting for them to come get her, she's never had surgery before and the thought has been a fear of hers for a long time. I held her hand until they made me let go and then I texted darling for the few hours that it lasted. She kept ME calm and kept my mind off of it, for which I'm eternally grateful. :3

She was pretty groggy when I first saw her, but the anesthesia had worn off enough that she could talk coherently. No complications, everything went fine and she just had to eat one of their bland turkey sandwiches. (Does it get old being right all the time, darling?) I think it was maybe about 2 1/2 hours later that they let her go home.

They gave her a small script for Percocet for any remaining pain/soreness, which I've filled for her and CAN'T take on her, not that I would. When we got home, she was pretty awake for an hour or so, but then she crashed as did I. That brings me to part 2.

Darling is the dream blogger, I'm not trying to steal that from her. I don't have quite the dreams she does and how she remembers them in the detail she does baffles me. I've had vivid, memorable dreams before, some of which remain with me (in smaller pieces) to this day. This one is fresh in my mind, so here we go...

I was back at the hotel and I was starting the day. Lace and I were running late for some reason or other. I'm not sure why, but Lace had apparently started working not far from home and she'd missed the bus. We were in a hurry to make it out in time for the next one. When we got outside, it was raining but there was a lot of snow on the ground and it was a mess outside. The city looked different, but not in a bad way, it was quite pretty. For some reason, there was a lot of chaos, though.

People seemed to be running around everywhere, late like we were. There were traffic jams, construction and the buses were all running strange, alternate routes because of it. We found a stop for ours just as it was approaching, got on, all was good.

Next thing I knew, I was on a bus heading home with a couple shopping bags and talking to some weird old lady. We got off a short time later and she just went her way, not quite sure where she was going. As I was crossing the street, I noticed a house on the corner and it was surrounded by people having a party. I had to cross and pass by to get home and as I did so, then some drunk/high party girl started asking me for money, acting like we knew each other. I brushed her and the rest of them off and just walked on. Then two really mean looking guys were just staring at me as I passed them. I was almost home, so fuck them.

I was grabbed from behind and placed in a chokehold, whichever one it was was strong because the next thing I knew, I was on the ground and being yelled at, then I felt it. A gun to the back of my head. No robbery, rape or anything took place, just "You're fucking dead, bitch" and I didn't even hear the shot. I felt the heat, the slug enter my head, blood gushing out and my eyes closed

What happened next is hard to explain. My eyes opened back up, but I was in the dreamworld. My hand went to the back of my head and I felt nothing, then my bedroom was just there. I was in my bed, here with Lace and it was reality once more, my hand still on the back of my head where the bullet had gone. I shot out of bed, my heart was absolutely fucking racing. I took three Valium and my blood pressure pill that also regulates my pulse. Then I fucking chain-smoked two cigarettes and somehow fell back to sleep until Lace woke me up needing a drink and a pill.

Rei~




3 comments:

  1. Consolidated comment:

    1. I feel you on the not liking new stuff front. I'm actually pretty apprehensive about listening to new music sometimes because of how much I suspect I'm going to dislike it. Can't put my finger on why, exactly, but it happens.

    2. I really like the lyrics to the Manson song. I've never heard any of his music in my life that I'm aware of, but those are some profound words. It's a pity about the drugs and teenage bullshit.

    3. SO glad, as you know, that Lace is okay. And no, being right all the time never gets old! XD Just glad she got cared for in time. And their sandwiches suck. Although, to be fair, they're way better than they used to be. Not that that's saying much. The bar's pretty low...

    Feel free to dream-blog too, darling! I'd never think you were taking anything from me, and I love learning more about you, whatever it might be. I don't think I've had a similar dream where I was shot in the head, but it's only a matter of time, I'm sure. Those dreams with severe or fatal injuries (I HAVE had those) do really shoot you full of adrenaline and fear. :( I can empathize. Sorry you had to endure this, darling. *hugs* Those dreams are just so hideous. I wish neither of us had them. Ugh. Love you tremendously. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Adra! I'm so glad everything happened the way it did and that it didn't get any worse than it had to be. And yeah, I was kind of a baby... *Blush* I was having a minor panic attack and Rei told me to stop being a ball bag about it. LOL Just resting up today, I've been given the week off, too. I'm so glad to have people who care in my life. I don't wanna think about what would've happened had I been at Brianne's house still.

    Rei has been sleeping where she can get it today. Hopefully no more dreams like that, sweetie! I wish I'd been awake to hug you and calm you down. Love you and Adra bun-ches! Hehe! :) XOXO ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO using that. "Stop being a fucking ball-bag." lol This is only one of the reasons Rei wins at life. Love you both! <3

    ReplyDelete