Saturday, May 2, 2015

Old habit meets new technology

Okay, so I gave up smoking before I went to Michigan in April. I'd never seriously attempted to quit before. I slowed down when I was pregnant way back when, even stopped for a few weeks here and there. After I gave birth, it was right back to where I'd been previously.

This is seriously one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Cigarettes are more addictive than heroin and it's more than just a chemical dependence, they become part of your routine every day. They compliment other chemical dependences, too. Try being a smoker and NOT smoking half a pack when getting drunk or high. Coffee with no cigarette? Fuck. That. Then there's smoking after eating, smoking because you're sad, stressed, whatever. It becomes part of you and when you're mentally ill, it's even worse.

Anyway, I couldn't take it anymore, but I didn't go buy a pack. I've moved into the E-Cig world. It's definitely not the same, not even close. I know people here that have them as backups for when they're broke and out of butts, they walk around puffing on them all day. There's no stench, so that's a plus, especially for Lace. I'm probably on a slippery slope back to the real thing, but I needed something... *Shrug*

Rei~

2 comments:

  1. What about slapping on some nicotine patches so you have the hit and use the e-cigs for the oral fixation? Don't know, but maybe it would work better than just the electronics alone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got a few things to try/consider, including the patches. Though, it would just be cheaper to go buy a pack...OW! *Gets her ass beat* XD

    Rei~

    ReplyDelete