Friday, May 22, 2015

This is frightening...

So I usually keep Good Morning America on in the morning, but I haven't really watched any of it lately where it's such a long ride to get Laceybug to work by 8:00 AM. I had it on in my bedroom because MJ was watching TV in the living room and THIS story came on. The one on the web is more in depth and I'm just sorta O.O right now. XD The average song comes in at a 3rd grade reading level. I knew pop music was fucking stupid, but really? I probably shouldn't be surprised, though. Listen to the average pop song these days and you'll hear the chorus or a catchy phrase sung 30 times over. It's by design that it's done, too. The industry has figured out how to get into your head and keep that catchy tune in there all day so you'll go buy their tripe.

In terms of actual pop "artists" i.e non-rock, Mariah Carey is number one by this formula. We're all doomed, darlings.

If American pop music were a book, it'd be something like James and The Giant Peach (I think I read that around 3rd grade). Apparently I've been reading Nuclear Physics written in Sumerian.

Rei~

1 comment:

  1. I'd read The Lord of the Rings before I got into fourth grade, along with Louisa May Alcott's Little Women and sundry other books. I specifically remember this because my class had hosted a book giveaway when I was out sick, and my teacher kept the ancient copy of Little Women that we had in our third grade classroom (held together by duct tape, I shit you not) for me, as she knew how much I loved it. I still have that book.

    I cannot believe the ignorance of people today. I mean, I CAN. It's just difficult to wrap my mind around. I try not to think about it too much or it just depresses me, and I have quite enough of that on my own, thank you very much.

    I love you! And you could totally read NP in Sumerian! XD

    ReplyDelete